chicken 1

Sunday 24 September 2017

Wormwood Scrubs

I was not planning to do anything in the morning, but I soon saw news of a Red-backed Shrike at Wormwood Scrubs, which was a very short train journey from me. I arrived very soon and a couple of people pointed it out to me in a bush. I had never seen one before, so was glad to see it. I moved around to try and get better views, but after realising there were too many bushes blocking the view, I went back to where I originally was. This turned out to be a good idea because the Shrike had flown from the bush and perched on a dead bush in front of me, and it was very close. It stayed there for a short time, then flew from bush to bush until it went out of sight. Unfortunately, I did not have a good camera to get a picture of it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alex - some wonderful stories on your blog. It was a delight to read. I hope he who carries the kit got the hint and a camera comes your way soon. All the best - Carl

    ReplyDelete