chicken 1

Sunday 7 January 2018

Stocker's Lake

Stocker's Lake is a local site and one I visit often, usually seeing at least some birds.

The first good bird of the day was a Kingfisher, sitting on the tree very close. It flew to a further tree as soon as I got my camera out though. 

Kingfisher 

There were a lot of Long-tailed Tits around, and also a lot of Lapwings on the islands. 


Four Red Kites were in the air with one Buzzard, but I soon noticed another bird of prey circling the water. It was quite distant but the shape of the wings and the way it flew meant that it was a Peregrine, a bird I did not expect to see here, and the first I have seen at Stocker's Lake!

Goldeneye
The woodland had even more Long-tailed Tits, with a Treecreeper in the flock, but surprisingly there were no Goldcrests. 

The water had a Pochard, 15 Shoveler, 18 Wigeon, 5 Goldeneye and all the regular birds like Canada Geese and Cormorants


The last stop of the day was to check for Little Owls on the farm, but I unfortunately did not find any.

No comments:

Post a Comment